Pollution Probe and Technology and Health Foundation and their funding partners assume no liability or responsibility whatsoever arising from the use of any information found in or accessible from the HealthySchools.com site.
HealthySchools.com is designed to assist school boards in establishing comprehensive Indoor Environment Management Plans. The information herein and linked herefrom is being prepared and scrutinized for this purpose by persons knowledgable in the field of indoor air quality and environmental health. However, it takes time and experience to confirm what really works and what doesn't, and the field of healthy indoor environments is still young. The following points should be borne in mind by potential users of this site:
1. The information herein may not be suitable for your particular situation. Think carefully whether some of the methods cited are really applicable to local conditions in your area.
2. Some situations may require professional advice. This site is not intended as a substitute for such advice.
3. The guidance on this site is not intended as a substitute for appropriate emergency action in the event of a hazardous situation that may be immediately threatening to life and safety.
4. Much of the information available through the HealthySchools.com site is by nature of referral to other sites that contain relevant information. While links have been chosen carefully, Pollution Probe and Technology and Health Foundation and their funding partners have no control over such referral sites and are not liable or responsible for the advice contained in such sites.
5. The information herein is, as far as the authors can tell, based on current scientific and technical understanding of the issues presented. As such, it is expected that some of what is written here will stand the test of time, and some will not. Your feedback as to what works and what does not is crucial to maintaining the integrity of this database.
6. Following methods and procedures described will not necessarily provide complete protection in all situations or against all health hazards that may be caused by indoor air pollution.
7. Mention of any trade names or commercial products does not constitute endorsement or recommendation for use. Rather it represents a potential starting point for local procurement and evaluation of alternative products or services.
8. Modification of building functions, equipment or structure to remedy air quality complaints may create other indoor air quality problems and may impact life safety systems and energy use. A thorough understanding of all the factors that interact to create indoor air quality problems can help to avoid this. Consult with professionals as necessary to maintain a comprehensive building science view on the problems you are addressing.
9. The integrity of this database depends on constant updating. While users are free to print and duplicate any material herein, you are encouraged to return to the database from time to time to ensure that you are passing out the most recent version.
10. Healthyschools.com includes the opportunity to network with others who have interest in healthy schools. Information and opinions supplied by others in discussion groups may not always be accurate or applicable to your local conditions.
11. Personal experiences posted to the HealthySchools.com site are those of the individual authors. While such material is edited carefully, Pollution Probe and Technology and Health Foundation and their funding partners have no way of determining the veracity of such experiences and readers are cautioned to make their own conclusions in regard to these postings.